An exciting opportunity for a dynamic and experienced individual to take a leadership role in a fast paced organisation.
Art Basel, the most prestigious art show, is looking for a Head of Gallery Relations Management (100%)
An exciting opportunity for a dynamic and experienced individual to take a leadership role in a fast paced organisation. You will be a member of the Art Basel Management Team, report directly to the Art Basel Directors, lead the Gallery Relations Team and work closely with related teams in Visitor Services, Show Management, Sponsoring, and Marketing. Your main responsibility is leading an experienced international exhibitor relations team through all gallery-related processes and acting as a liaison with Art Basel's international roster of galleries, cultural institutions and curators.
Areas of responsibility
– You will act as the deputy for the Directors in designated gallery-related areas
– You will provide strategic leadership and project management during the development and implementation of processes pertaining to show concepts, sectors, gallery selections and management
– You will review and evaluate present systems and methodologies and implement appropriate changes to effect continuous improvement, reduce cost and enhance efficiency
– You will research and analyze international art market related data, identifying trends and opportunities, and perform competitive research
– You will align and partner internally with all business units to ensure seamless integration and proliferation of Art Basel standards
– You will be responsible for all budgets related to gallery selection and sales processes
Expected Areas of Competence
– Committed and passionate about your role with highly developed leadership and communication skills, able to lead and motivate teams to achieve outstanding results
– Demonstrated skills as a successful strategic thinker and project manager, able to work on tight deadlines and excel in a fast-paced business environment
– Demonstrated record of successfully managing internal and external resources across time zones
– Willingness to travel and periodically work overtime, weekends and outside Switzerland
Education / Experience Requirements
– High level of experience in the art world and business administration, ideally with related degrees, plus at least five years of work experience
– Record of attendance at international art shows a must
– Thorough knowledge of the modern and contemporary international art market developments
– Able to work with sensitivity and understanding of European, Pan-American and Asian cultures
– Strongly connected and well regarded in the international art scene
– Excellent writing and speaking skills in English and German, with additional languages (Chinese) being an advantage
Please submit all application documents by mail or email, in English and German, including a current photo, no later than December 2, 2011.
MCH Messe Schweiz (Basel) AG | 4005 Basel | Human Resources Daniel Kaufman